"...as a band, we want to be a generation that pours into the next."

Monday, April 14, 2014

Studio Day 1

Hey y'all it's Zach Lamneck. I'm one of the many drummers for Foothills Toccoa as well as the drummer for Wolverton.  Being asked to play for Wolverton was absolutely one of the biggest blessings I have ever recieved. Not only has playing in the band improved my drumming, but it has enhanced my walk with God. My outlook on worship has changed greatly as well.  I always thought I knew what the meaning of worship really was but writing and actually worshiping to these songs has changed my whole perception on worship. God has truly blessed me with this opportunity.  

About an hour ago we just got done with our first day at the studio.  The day started out with setting up the drums and having a sound check to make sure everything was up to par. After all that was said and done we jumped right into recording. At this point I had some expectations on what it was going to be like and it was nothing like that. The process of recording drums for an album is very repetitive and time consuming. One of my expectations was that while recording if I just missed the smallest beat, I would have to restart and play the whole song all over again. It was nothing like this. We recorded one session and used this as the "skeleton track". If I messed up in this track then we would go back and only record that one spot and tie it into the skeleton track. We would continue to do so until the skeleton track sounded the way we wanted it to, this track is now the main track and not the skeleton track.  This process just blew my mind. Even though the day was a little stressful, exhausting, and at some points aggravating; it was great to hear the finished product at the end of the day. 

I thank God daily for placing all the band members of Wolverton in my life and giving me this amazing opportunity!!!  Make sure y'all check out our blogs every night on here to follow up on our process of spreading the Lords love. Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. 


- Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment