"...as a band, we want to be a generation that pours into the next."

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Behind the Music: B Side Stories About the Band

Hello everyone! 

So now you have had the chance to hear something incredible from each one of our band members! Following what they have shared I really don't know what I can say. Last week was a dream come true being in the studio and recording a full length album for my God! While it was challenging, it was also such a fun experience, and so amazing to hear our music begin to shape into life as the week came along! Guitar day was SUPER fun for me, and vocal day was definitely the hardest. I am just so thankful we completed everything. But let me tell you my favorite part of the week and even the last 6 months writing and preparing…

The amazing impact  each of these 6 brothers and sisters had on my life. Did God bless us with musical talent and songs? Absolutely. But I was blessed even more by the beautiful people he placed in my life to do this with. And I believe instead of hearing about me, you need to hear about what these other people have meant to me. 

Zach - This dude is outrageous! He is either 150% energy, or just plain passed out sleeping through anything as loud as a nascar stadium! Zach has reminded me how much fun music is supposed to be! It's so easy to get into the tasks of what needs to be accomplished, and forget that this is what we love doing! He is always having so much fun every time he plays! He also has such a huge heart  and that shows in the way he plays, but it also shows in the way he cares for the other band members. Zach, you are a brother to me and I thank you so much for being you! I love you dude! 

Stephen - I am sure at some point you will have the opportunity to hear Stephen's testimony. It's amazing!!! I don't want to steal his opportunity to share it, but I will say, if you knew Stephen a year and a half ago, you would have no reason to believe he would have been in Wolverton, or even in church. Stephen and I actually grew up in church together, we made great strides spiritually in high school, and also had downfalls spiritually together. But as life moved on we went two separate directions. Watching how Stephen allowed God to transform his life a year and half ago has done so much for me spiritually. You see, Stephen didn't just allow God to help him with the big ticket items, instead he has continually over the last year and a half allowed God to infiltrate every corner of his heart and be transformed into an amazing man of God. That has translated in his bass playing abilities as well. Stephen, A) I'm glad we're doing ministry together again. B) You have reminded me that I need to continually allow God to transform my life daily. That this process never stops. Love you bro! 

Tanner - Wow, where do I start with this guy… Bro the way you have grown as a leader in the last 6 months is unbelievable! Like Stephen, Tanner has allowed God to begin infiltrating every corner of his heart! And what rules is that Tanner has a group of people who are following him to do the same! He is our Worship Leader at the church and has been so amazing in overcoming all the difficulties of leadership and leading our team to a place of genuinely authentic worship! He works harder than anyone I know, and is willing to sacrifice anything to build the Kingdom of God! You push my work ethic dude, and remind me to keep my heart focused! What Tanner's actions tell me is: Who cares if I can't, because God can! Thanks for being the leader you are! Love you dude! 

Jeremy -  One quick great thing that comes to mind with Jeremy being a part, is that like me he is also married! This makes it nice to be able to laugh together about the married life and share some of the struggles and blessings that come along with that! Jeremy is also probably our most talented musician, and creative as well! Jeremy always takes us outside of the box. Every thought we start, Jeremy jumps to another planet and says, "Hey guys look at this idea!" And immediately my mind is blown and we have ourselves an AMAZING song! Jeremy is so confident and secure as a person because of this trait, it doesn't matter if things go bad, because there is always another option, and always another way of doing things! Dude, thanks for being exactly who God made you, you remind me to not be narrow minded, and to stay confident! So thankful for you man! Love you! 

Okay thats everyone! ….oh wait yeah, we do have 2 girls in the band… 

Christa - Christa is definitely the maturity we need in the band! We can all get pretty crazy and so far off point with stupidity or acting like kids, but Christa's maturity always brings it back together! Aside from being a solid keyboard player, she is also very good with our lyrics. She is able to quickly spit out what we are trying to say, and make each lyric very impactful. She told you herself, but a lot of her opportunities have been her taking a risk and stepping out of her comfort zone. Our sound has a lot of Rock influences, which I would assume isn't her comfort zone or first choice of music, yet she not only is a part, but takes our band to a whole new level! Her heart for God is felt in every note she plays or sings! Christa you have taught me to take risk, trust God, and just go for it! Because from there, God takes over! Thank you so much for being a part of this, and for being a sister to me! Love you! 

Megan - Okay take Zach's energy and fun loudness, plug that into an amp and turn it all the way up….and you have MEGAN! She is loud in every good way possible! Her voice has so much strength and character! Her laugh is so loud and contagious! Her heart bursts out of her chest! Her joy is so loud that she immediately brings joy to everything she is a part of! This whole experience just simply would not have been what it is without Megan's involvement! Megan it is so evident that you care for Jesus intimately, and that you also care for people intimately! Thank you for being a reminder to not sit quietly on what I believe or feel, but instead share it with every thing in me! Thank you for making every thing we do so much fun! I am so glad God put you in Toccoa and in this band! Love you! 

Wow… okay now that you have read my book you're finally done! But I hope you enjoyed reading about these amazing people as much as I enjoyed writing about them. I literally laughed and almost cried as I was thinking of each one! Hopefully you will get a glimpse of all of these great people through each of the songs that end up on this amazing record! 

Let me end with this… None of these people would be who they were if it wasn't for God. He has shaped each of us individually, gifted us, molded us, and we get to be amazing instruments used for His kingdom. This album is no way about us, but all about glorifying the one who gifted us! I know that each person reading this has an amazing story, and has probably impacted someone just like these people have impacted me. Make sure you thank God for that. And also Thank God for the people He gives you! 

God thank you for my brothers and sisters in this band! 
I love you first! 

Stay tuned for release dates… 
Love you guys! 


Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment