"...as a band, we want to be a generation that pours into the next."

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Studio Day 3

Hey guys and gals tuning into our blog. This is Jeremy Blackmon, the electric guitarist and occasional vocalist of this group of Jesus loving rag-a-muffins known as Wolverton. I'm blessed and honored that you took some on your precious time to read this blog entry, and in recognition of your generosity, I will make every attempt at entertainment as I apply my thoughts to digital parchment and ink.

 First off, this entire experience is a blessing beyond blessings. I have been involved in music heavily ever since middle school when I got my first bass guitar. I have participated in many different musical ensembles through out my years, yet it seems that whenever it ever got time to hit a professional recording studio, I was always on my way out of said musical group. So the fact that I'm actually in a studio now has me thankful for God's provision and fulfillment of a longtime dream of mine. 

Secondarily, I am strangely thankful to God for all that He's taught me today. God decided to humble me and teach me a little humility. Other band mates who had gone before me were telling me about the exhausting experience that is recording music. I chose to believe that I was different than them and would fair better. Well, let me tell you that recording is one of the most tiring experiences I've ever had. I remember driving away from the studio this evening and feeling my cerebrum ache. No, it wasn't just a normal headache, I felt the front most part of my brain sigh with relief upon leaving the studio this evening. (Quick refresher on anatomy, that's the part of your brain that does complex stuff like reason and make decisions) 

Another thing, is that being an expecting father, I have been thinking about the long term impact this whole experience could have, and I reflect on the original blog post that explains the origin of our band name. That being said, Adelaide, if you ever read this one day, I hope something your crazy father has done has had a positive impact on you and made you closer in your relationship with Christ. Can’t wait to meet you.


Finally, I thank everyone who has had some form or part of getting me to where I am right now. I want to thank my wife, Rachel, who is the love of my life and who is gratefully coping with being home alone so I can come up here and live out a personal dream. I am thankful to the other band members for their generosity and friendship that has made this entire experience a blast. I want to thank my parents in all of their support through the years of my musical talents and endeavors. I want to thank Foothills Community Church for being the best church family anyone could ever ask for and all the prayer they have been sending our way. 

Much love in Christ our King, 
Jeremy Blackmon

No comments:

Post a Comment