"...as a band, we want to be a generation that pours into the next."

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Studio Day 4

Hey! My name is Christa Blackaby and I have had the awesome privilege of being the keyboard player for Wolverton! God has shown me a lot through this opportunity and I feel so blessed to be apart.  I started going to Foothills Community Church in August of 2013 and have been there ever since. The moment I stepped into the church I felt loved and included. Meeting Kevin and taking the step of faith to try out for the worship team was one of the best decisions I have made while living in Toccoa. He has stretched me in my ability to play and allowed me to be apart of so many opportunities. I never went to college for music, nor had the desire to play while I was in Toccoa but God had a different plan. Because I took this step, I have now been able to play for many Sunday morning services, various Wednesday nights for the student ministry, a couple worship nights, get my own keyboard, and even had the band come play at my home church in Jonesboro, Ga! This coming Fall of 2014 I now have the privilege of being a chapel worship leader for Toccoa Falls College. I believe God placed the Wolverton band in my life to encourage and support me in my decision to step out of my comfort zone and be a leader for my peers. God has given me a huge heart for worship and I can't wait to see what He has planned for next year. 


When Kevin asked me to be apart of the Wolverton band I couldn't have been more excited! I never in my life imagined I would be able to write my own music and go record it. Being at the studio in Nashville has made this dream surreal. We have grown as a band and seen our music come to life before our very eyes. Knowing the background and verses to the songs we have written gets me pumped about sharing them to those around us. Our heart is to touch the next generation with the power of Christ through song. My favorite song in the album is called "Heal Me Lord". This song comes straight from Mark 5:24. I see such a broken world around me in need of Christ. This song is a cry from God's children for His help in healing our pain and recognizing our need for God's love and strength in our lives. I got chills hearing this song come to life this morning and my prayer is that it will impact the lives of those who need to hear this message. The bridge sings "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, For I have been set FREE, Your love has made me Clean, Hallelujah". These words ring true in my life and I hope that through our album we can reach people to Christ. I can't wait to share them with all of you!  

Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment