"...as a band, we want to be a generation that pours into the next."

Monday, April 21, 2014

Studio Time and Living a Life of Worship

Hey guys, my name is Megan Boylen and I do vocals for Wolverton. I'll start off saying that I have been so incredibly blessed by this entire journey. Being a part of Foothills since I have been living in Toccoa has been so evidently God-ordained. Leaving my home church that I have attended since I was little and going to college and finding a new church to attend seemed like a daunting task. But as soon as I got involved at Foothills it became easy.

 Learning the art of worship has been my greatest take away on the worship team at Foothills and as a part of Wolverton. Worship is simply defined as this: "the act of showing respect and love; excessive admiration for someone." And honestly that's what this whole journey has been about. Learning how to admire God with what I have. Learning how to love Him well and to show respect and love for Him.


 Being in the studio was a humbling, exhausting, and exciting process. We thankfully finished all 10 songs and were so blessed by every person who has been following our journey. As we come back from a week of excitement, it's so easy to get caught back up into the busyness of life. To do things in a hurry, to live from habit and not out of intention. But Wolverton and the time we spent in the studio reminded me to live my life always in a state of worship. To continually love God and admire Him for all His goodness. To continue to sing and tell people of all the good things God has done. To proclaim who He is. Worship is more than just music, it's living a life that praises God. We are all so excited for the album to come out and for us to share our songs with everyone. Because these songs are more than just that, they are expressions of our admiration of God and all that He has done and will continue to do for us. Thanks for reading!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment